Monday, December 11, 2006

Thank You for Supporting Democracy and IT / 感謝支持民主香港‧IT新機會


Dear Voters and Friends in the Information Technology Sub-sector,

I would like to thank you for your participation in the IT sub-sector election on December 10, and your support for me and all other candidates in the election! I was successfully elected with 1,228 votes yesterday. I thank you for each vote that I have received, and I will work even harder for every vote that I did not get today.

Furthermore, on behalf of several other candidates, namely John Chiu, Daniel Lai, Stephen Lau, Sunny Lee, Richard Li and Agnes Mak, we would like to sincerely thank all voters for your support.

Our IT sub-sector achieved an impressive voter turnout rate of over 45%, more than doubling the turnout rates of 21.95% of the 2000 election. Our voters have spoken loud and clear that they want a faster pace for democracy in Hong Kong and a contested Chief Executive election.

I would pledge to continue to work hard for our IT industry, along with our IT20 ticket, all the other candidates in this election, and every single person and organization in our industry. My goal is to work with all of you to apply our collective power to successfully establish IT as the fifth pillar industry in Hong Kong.

Please continue to share your views with me on how we can create a better future for IT and democracy!

Sincerely,

Charles Mok


尊敬的資訊科技界別分組選民和朋友:

感謝您在昨天參與資訊科技界別的選舉委員會選舉,和您給我和所有其他候選人的支持!我成功獲得1,228張選票,除了為我所得的每一票致謝之外,我也警惕自己更努力爭取我得不到的每一票。

此外,我謹代表幾位候選人趙志洋、賴錫璋、劉嘉敏、李惠光、李澤楷和麥鄧碧儀,希望向每位選民誠意致謝。

您的努力已經令今天成為我們IT界值得驕傲的一天。入我們IT界有超過四成五選民出來投票,比2000年高出一倍;我們選民的聲音清楚得很,他們希望看見一個有競爭的特首選舉,和加快香港民主步伐。

我承諾在未來必定繼續與IT20同事及其他參選者合作,盡力為IT界與您一起爭取,把IT產業建立為香港第五經濟支柱!

講繼續把您的意見給我, 讓我們同創一個美好的IT和民主新世界!

莫乃光 敬上

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->